Articles on this Page
- 06/29/11--23:41: _Olympus PEN E-P3, E...
- 08/26/11--07:00: _Olympus PEN E-PM1 l...
- 12/14/11--09:11: _Fujifilm tipped for...
- 12/14/11--13:41: _Olympus LS-100 Line...
- 12/21/11--05:39: _Olympus HQ raided o...
- 01/03/12--06:11: _Olympus weatherproo...
- 01/10/12--02:30: _Olympus SP-620UZ an...
- 01/10/12--02:40: _Olympus VG-160, VR-...
- 01/13/12--08:54: _Samsung weighing Ol...
- 01/20/12--14:56: _Olympus OM-D camera...
- 01/23/12--14:54: _Olympus OM-D pricin...
- 02/03/12--05:49: _Olympus OM-D interc...
- 02/07/12--18:57: _Olympus announces n...
- 02/08/12--02:02: _Olympus OM-D E-M5: ...
- 02/08/12--10:02: _SlashGear Morning W...
- 02/29/12--06:00: _Olympus to ship E-M...
- 04/05/12--05:35: _Upcoming Olympus pr...
- 05/08/12--01:49: _Olympus Tough TG-1 ...
- 06/06/12--06:20: _Panasonic tipped fo...
- 06/08/12--05:22: _Panasonic denies Ol...
- 06/29/11--23:41: Olympus PEN E-P3, E-PL3 and E-PM1 micro four thirds official
- 08/26/11--07:00: Olympus PEN E-PM1 launches for under $500
- 12/14/11--09:11: Fujifilm tipped for Olympus takeover
- 12/21/11--05:39: Olympus HQ raided over $1.7bn fraud
- 01/03/12--06:11: Olympus weatherproof interchangeable lens camera tipped for February
- 01/10/12--02:30: Olympus SP-620UZ and SZ-12 superzooms revealed
- 01/10/12--02:40: Olympus VG-160, VR-340 and Tough TG-320 point-and-shoots launch
- 01/13/12--08:54: Samsung weighing Olympus partnership
- 01/20/12--14:56: Olympus OM-D camera surfaces in first leaked image
- 01/23/12--14:54: Olympus OM-D pricing and launch details leak
- 02/03/12--05:49: Olympus OM-D interchangeable lens camera leaks again
- 02/07/12--18:57: Olympus announces new cameras that are tough, offer amazing zoom
- 02/08/12--02:02: Olympus OM-D E-M5: Retro outside, Groundbreaking inside
- 02/08/12--10:02: SlashGear Morning Wrap-Up: February 8, 2012
- 02/29/12--06:00: Olympus to ship E-M5 starting March 31
- 04/05/12--05:35: Upcoming Olympus president wants to cut back camera portfolio
- 05/08/12--01:49: Olympus Tough TG-1 ships in June for €399
- 06/06/12--06:20: Panasonic tipped for $635m Olympus rescue package
- 06/08/12--05:22: Panasonic denies Olympus rescue plans
Olympus has outed its trio of new PEN micro four thirds cameras, each using a new 12.3-megapixel Live MOS Image Sensor supporting up to ISO 12,800, and promising faster 35-point auto-focussing, shutter response and image processing than the company’s own E-5 DSLR. The Olympus PEN E-P3 is the flagship, with a 3-inch OLED 614k pixel
The last time I talked about the Olympus PEN E-PM1 digital camera was back in late June when photos of the camera leaked. At the time, we didn’t know when the camera would land or what it would sell for. The wondering is now over with the camera officially debuting this week. The E-PM1 digital
Fujifilm has been tipped as a possible buyer for ailing Olympus, swooping in to rescue the struggling Japanese camera firm as full details of its $1.1bn accounting cover-up. The rumors come as Fuji Xerox prepares a renewed push into Asian markets, particularly China, Bloomberg reports, while its rival flounders amid revelations of investment cover-ups and malpractice. Olympus
When you first lay eyes on this beast of an audio recorder, you’re going to think it’s right out of Ghostbusters or the original switches-everywhere Star Trek series, but it’s not, it’s the new Olympus LS-100 linear PCM audio recording device and it’s about to blow the socks off the competition with its ability to
Olympus has officially confirmed that Japanese prosecutors have raided its offices and the home of one of the former company executives that knew about the fraud the company was found to have committed. It has come to light that Olympus had for years hidden investment losses using questionable practices and acquisitions. The prosecutors that raided
Olympus will wait until after CES 2012 next week to launch its new interchangeable lens camera, sources suggest, with the much-anticipated model instead tipped for a separate reveal in the second week of February. The weatherproof camera will pack an integrated viewfinder, 43 Rumors‘ trusted source tells them, though beyond that details are unknown. The suggested timescale
Olympus has launched a set of new super-zoom cameras, the SP-620UZ UltraZoom with a 21x lens and the SZ-12 with a 24x lens in a compact body. Fresh to CES 2012, the SP-620UZ has a 16-megapixels sensor and can create 3D shots by combining a pair of slightly-offset 2D images; the SZ-12, meanwhile, has a 14-megapixel sensor
Olympus has outed three new compact cameras at CES, the VG-160, VR-340 and Tough TG-320, offering point-and-shoot practicality along with 720p HD video recording. The Olympus Tough TG-320 packs a 14-megapixel sensor and 3.6x wide-angle optical zoom lens into a waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof casing, with a 3D photo mode – that works underwater –
Samsung may swoop in and rescue ailing manufacturer Olympus, though its superhero moves will be in the shape of a partnership not an acquisition. “We are open to the possibility of an alliance with Olympus” an internal source at Samsung tells Reuters, though the interest is not in the company’s camera business but its healthcare division. The
The first image of Olympus’ upcoming OM-D Micro Four Thirds camera has leaked. The OM-D camera is expected to be Olympus’ first digital shooter to join its flagship OM series that’s turning 40 years old this year. The image only shows part of the camera, but does at least reveal a well-built high quality finish.
New details have leaked on the much anticipated Olympus next-gen Micro Four Thirds camera called the Olympus OM-D. We saw part of the camera’s build in a leaked image last week and now we get word from Wells Fargo advisors on the release time frame and approximate pricing for the camera. According to the Wells
More details and a clearer image of the Olympus OM-D interchangeable lens camera have leaked, with the retro-styled mirrorless compact promising to revolutionize the DSLR world. Following on from the first leaks last month, the new image shows a clearer view of the top panel of the OM-D, 43 Rumors, reports, with plenty of knurled dials and
Olympus has taken the covers off three new digital cameras today, the SZ-31MR iHS, the TG-820 iHS, and the OM-D E-M5. Okay, so that doesn’t mean anything. Unlike smartphones, digital camera model names are still just a confusing conglomeration of letters and numbers. But here’s what is cool – the SZ-31MR iHS has 920,000-dot touch-screen
Olympus knows what photographers really want: something so teeth-clenchingly retro on the outside that they weep tiny tears of joy, but jam-packed full of the latest tech inside so that they’re not embarrassed on Flickr. The Olympus OM-D E-M5 promises to deliver just that, with classic OM analog styling from the 1970s brought neatly up to date
Incase you’ve been living under a rock, there’s one whole heck of a lot of press flying around surrounding hackers and their devlish ways, most recently this group from over the sea cutting down Symantec with leaks of their old, old codes. Next there’s some big time cameras coming out this spring, here with the
Olympus has announced that it has a new high-end digital camera called the E-M5 that will start shipping on March 31. The camera will launch in Asia first and the listing in the photo is from Amazon Japan. The camera is reportedly expected to hit US stores in the middle of April with some retailers
Hiroyuki Sasa was named as the potential new president of Olympus back in February, but already seems to have a strategy in place for getting the camera manufacturer back to profitability. Speaking to Japan Times, Sasa confirmed that Fuji and Sony have expressed interest in a financial partnership with Olympus, but he hasn’t ruled out
The best camera may be the one that you have with you, but if you drop your brand spanking new Nikon D800 or Canon 5D Mark III then you’re gonna have a bad time. A more rugged approach is the solution, but they can command a high price and sacrifice picture quality. Olympus claims to
Panasonic is readying as much as 50 billion yen ($635m) rescue injection into struggling Olympus, it’s claimed, in part of what’s believed to be an equity sell-off following the $1.7bn accounting fraud of 2011. Local press reported the potential deal, Reuters writes, which is expected to see Panasonic take shares in Olympus in a private offering. Such
Panasonic has denied reports that it is readying an Olympus bail-out package, despite claims in the Japanese media that it was preparing to spend as much as $635m rescuing the ailing camera firm. “I don’t know where that information came from, not from us,” President Fumio Ohtsubo told Reuters this week, when asked about the speculation. Asked specifically