Articles on this Page
- 06/29/12--03:55: _Olympus to suitors:...
- 07/05/12--04:52: _Olympus MEG4.0 Goog...
- 07/18/12--12:30: _Olympus OM-D E-M5 R...
- 08/07/12--12:04: _Olympus LS-100 Soun...
- 09/14/12--02:09: _Olympus E-PL5 and E...
- 09/17/12--02:00: _Olympus PEN cameras...
- 09/17/12--02:01: _Olympus Stylus XZ-2...
- 09/17/12--02:01: _Olympus M.Zuiko Dig...
- 09/17/12--17:41: _SlashGear Evening W...
- 09/28/12--02:13: _$640m gets Sony 11%...
- 09/28/12--17:37: _SlashGear Evening W...
- 10/08/12--03:20: _Olympus Image Share...
- 11/13/12--14:30: _Olympus Stylus XZ-2...
- 11/15/12--08:30: _Olympus unveils new...
- 12/20/12--06:48: _Olympus teases hybr...
- 01/07/13--22:02: _Olympus announces s...
- 01/07/13--23:39: _Olympus’ full 2013 ...
- 01/29/13--20:29: _Olympus M.ZUIKO DIG...
- 01/30/13--22:28: _Olympus unveils the...
- 03/21/13--22:42: _Olympus rolls out 1...
- 06/29/12--03:55: Olympus to suitors: We’ll take your cash but not your name
- 07/05/12--04:52: Olympus MEG4.0 Google Glass rival revealed
- 07/18/12--12:30: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Review
- 08/07/12--12:04: Olympus LS-100 Sound Recorder Review
- 09/14/12--02:09: Olympus E-PL5 and E-PM2 digital cameras leak
- 09/17/12--02:00: Olympus PEN cameras bring world’s fastest touch AF shutter
- 09/17/12--02:01: Olympus Stylus XZ-2 iHS revealed with flagship aspirations
- 09/17/12--17:41: SlashGear Evening Wrap-Up: September 17, 2012
- 09/28/12--02:13: $640m gets Sony 11% of Olympus: New 4K medical camera company formed
- 09/28/12--17:37: SlashGear Evening Wrap-Up: September 28, 2012
- 10/08/12--03:20: Olympus Image Share app adds remote Instagram-style effects
- 11/13/12--14:30: Olympus Stylus XZ-2 Review
- 11/15/12--08:30: Olympus unveils new Micro Four Thirds 17mm f/1.8 M.Zuiko lens
- 12/20/12--06:48: Olympus teases hybrid Four Thirds/Micro Four Thirds camera for 2013
- 01/07/13--23:39: Olympus’ full 2013 rough-and-tumble camera range hands-on
- 01/29/13--20:29: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm f4-6.7 II Lens revealed
- 01/30/13--22:28: Olympus unveils the Stylus XZ-10 compact point-and-shoot camera
- 03/21/13--22:42: Olympus rolls out 1080p VH-520 compact digital camera
Olympus has been struggling recently, reporting massive losses while those within the company have been struggling to get the brand back to profitability. There have been rumors that Panasonic was a potential saviour for the company, with a plan to invest around $635 million in Olympus as part of a rescue package. Panasonic quickly denied
Google’s Glass may not be headed to buyers until next year, but Olympus is wasting no time with its own alternative augmented reality display, the MEG4.0. The stem-like wearable features battery life of up to eight hours and floats a 320 x 240 virtual screen above the user’s regular eye-line, hooking up via Bluetooth to a nearby
With the Olympus OM-D E-M5 you’ve got the manufacturer taking what was great about the original OM line of SLR units with a collection of fabulous add-ons that work perfectly well in the digital world. In this 4.8 x 3.5 x 1.69-inch beast that weighs in at just under a pound (supposing you’ve not added
It’s time to take a peek at a sound recorder the likes of which we don’t see very often around these parts, the Olympus LS-100, fully equipped to be your mobile recording studio on the go. What you’ve got here is a sound recorder that can act on its own completely independent of add-on accessories,
This has been quite a week for digital camera leaks and unveils. Earlier this week, the rumored Sony RX1 full-frame digital camera was unveiled with a massive price tag to go with it. The little camera sells for almost $3000 and doesn’t have interchangeable lenses. Olympus has now had a couple of its coming compact
There’s a couple more cameras in the world today that’ve got the next level on their minds, both of them with Olympus‘ PEN branding on their back. There’s the Olympus PEN E-PL5 and the Olympus PEN E-PM2, both of them bringing superior image technology the likes of which we’ve not quite seen yet in our
There’s a brand new compact digital camera here in the Olympus camp and it’s aiming for greatness with Stylus XZ-2 iHS on its name tag and high-performance point-and-shoot action on its list of checkmarks. This device has the lovely 4x optical / 4x Digital zoom iZUIKO DIGITAL f1.8-2.5 large-diameter lens favored by the predecessor to
There are a couple new lenses out in the open today from Olympus, both of them with aspirations for greatness and a new generation of both control and limited edition coolness. The First of these is the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60MM F2.8 “Nature Macro Lens”, made with dust proofing and splash proofing together with
Welcome to Monday evening, folks. Today, we entered the final few days before the iPhone 5 releases, and we found out that the device has netted 2 million pre-orders in its first 24 hours of availability. Some of those same pre-orders began shipping out from China over the weekend, and AT&T is claiming that the
Sony has squirted $640m into ailing Olympus, collaborating on imaging sensors for new digital cameras, and forming a new medical business for surgical cameras and more. The alliance will “combine Olympus’s lens and optical technologies, as well as the strength of its brand and R&D, with Sony’s broad range of technologies including digital imaging technologies and apply
It’s Friday once again folks, with most of you already enjoying the weekend. Today, the iPhone 5 launched in 22 additional regions around the world, setting Apple’s plan to have it in over 100 countries by the end of the year on track. Apple CEO Tim Cook apologized for the sad state of Apple Maps
Olympus may have its metaphorical hands busy dealing with its new Sony venture, but that hasn’t stopped the firm from pushing out an Instagram-style companion app for iPhone and iPad. Olympus Image Share hooks up the company’s PEN micro four thirds cameras via a FlashAir memory card and sucks their shots to your phone or tablet,
The premium compact camera you’re about to experience is the Olympus XZ-2, coming in hard with a 12.3 megapixel 1/1.7” BSI CMOS sensor, an ultra-bright zoom lens at 28-112mm equivalent f/1.8-2.5, and a 3-inch touchscreen on the back with full tilting action. It’s not the camera you’re going to buy to blow up your family’s
Today, Olympus officially announced the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 lens. The new lens is designed for street photographers, and is a fast and moderate 17mm wide-angle lens for the Micro Four Thirds system that features a maximum aperture of f/1.8, as well as depth-of-field and distance indicators. The aperture and focal length make it a
Olympus is working on a hybrid Four Thirds/Micro Four Thirds camera for release late next year, which will support both types of lenses and offer the feel of a regular DSLR. Olympus Spain chief exec Miquel Àngel Garcia confirmed the roadmap to Spanish site Quesabesde, refusing to give specific details about the new interchangeable lens camera, but suggesting
Olympus has announced several new cameras that it will be rolling out this year, each with its own special something that targets a market and offers an array of applicable features. From the Stylus SZ-16 iHS to the flagship Stylus Tough TG-2 iHS, there’s a little bit of everything for the photographer in you. We’ve
Olympus is taking the spirit of CES to heart and then some, announcing six brand new cameras during the trade show. These cameras range from sleek and slim to tough and rugged, so there should be something for almost everyone with this new range. Cameras included in this grand CES 2013 showing include the Stylus
This week the folks at Olympus have shown off their newest iteration of an ultra-powerful machine: the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II Super Telephone Zoom Lens. Beyond the addition of the “II” to the end of the name, this lens has attained ZERO-Coating for an improved experience with ghosts and flares, the whole
Olympus has unveiled its Stylus XZ-10, a compact camera with a sophisticated, classic design that is sure to appeal to many photographers. The point-and-shoot comes with fairly standard features, as well as support for FlashAir wireless image transfer, making it a solid mid-range compact model. You can check out the camera in all its colors
Olympus has introduced its new VH-520, a compact digital camera offering full 1080p high-definition recording, as well as a variety of other features. Its slim design and colorful options aside, this unit boasts excellent low-light quality due to iHS technology, which is, as the company points out, often only found in larger cameras at higher