Articles on this Page
- 01/27/16--15:52: _What makes Olympus’...
- 03/18/16--01:00: _Olympus PEN E-PL8 l...
- 03/18/16--09:42: _Take your DSLR unde...
- 05/20/16--13:30: _Olympus Stylus TG-T...
- 05/23/16--23:00: _Olympus Stylus TG-T...
- 07/01/16--08:02: _Olympus PEN-F Revie...
- 09/19/16--10:00: _Olympus PEN E-PL8 p...
- 09/19/16--10:00: _Olympus outs mighty...
- 09/19/16--12:13: _Olympus reveals OM-...
- 11/02/16--07:48: _Olympus reveals OM-...
- 02/22/17--12:43: _Olympus ‘Capture th...
- 05/07/17--23:00: _Olympus PEN-F, OM-D...
- 05/18/17--02:30: _Olympus Tough! TG-5...
- 08/31/17--01:00: _Olympus E-M10 Mark ...
- 10/25/17--12:00: _Olympus 17mm and 45...
- 11/06/17--16:14: _Olympus EyeTrek Ins...
- 02/07/18--04:17: _Olympus PEN E-PL9 a...
- 02/27/18--22:00: _Olympus firmware up...
- 04/05/18--11:07: _Olympus PEN E-PL9 U...
- 01/27/16--15:52: What makes Olympus’ PEN-F worth $1,200
- 03/18/16--01:00: Olympus PEN E-PL8 leaks with yet another odd grip
- 03/18/16--09:42: Take your DSLR underwater with Polaroid’s housing cases
- 05/20/16--13:30: Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker leak: 4K, waterproof, and June launch
- 05/23/16--23:00: Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker action cam crams 4K, sensors inside
- 07/01/16--08:02: Olympus PEN-F Review: Retro done right
- 09/19/16--10:00: Olympus PEN E-PL8 packs retro style and selfie features
- 09/19/16--10:00: Olympus outs mighty 12-100mm f4.0 lens and more at Photokina 2016
- 09/19/16--12:13: Olympus reveals OM-D E-M1 Mark II at Photokina 2016
- 11/02/16--07:48: Olympus reveals OM-D E-M1 Mark II pricing and release details
- 02/22/17--12:43: Olympus ‘Capture the Action’ social contest seeks adventure shots
- 05/07/17--23:00: Olympus PEN-F, OM-D E-M1/M5 Mark II and lenses get firmware update
- 05/18/17--02:30: Olympus Tough! TG-5 puts you at ease while capturing memories
- 08/31/17--01:00: Olympus E-M10 Mark III gets 4K and smarter Auto
- 10/25/17--12:00: Olympus 17mm and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses promise glorious bokeh
- 11/06/17--16:14: Olympus EyeTrek Insight EI-10 smart glasses are made for business
- 02/07/18--04:17: Olympus PEN E-PL9 appeals to smartphone photography graduates
- 02/27/18--22:00: Olympus firmware updates breathe new life into old cameras
- 04/05/18--11:07: Olympus PEN E-PL9 US launch targets phone camera upgraders
Olympus' PEN-F gives street photographers, rangefinder fans, and devoted tinkerers with an aversion to Photoshop the camera of their dreams. Key to its appeal - and, frankly, to justifying its not-inconsiderable price - is the Creative Dial, a dedicated front-panel control (paired with a new spring-loaded lever on the back) which unlocks the PEN-F's secret weapon in the retro camera … Continue reading
It has been more than a year since Olympus announced the E-PL7, and entry level, beginner friendly digital camera that was aimed at that oh so special selfie-loving market. It seems that the camera maker has a follow up ready, if the leak of these photos are any indication. The images don't really divulge much in terms of features, but … Continue reading
The idea of taking underwater photographs with a quality camera can be exciting, what with the beautiful things you might see and be able to capture. On the other hand, an expensive DSLR camera is probably one of the last things anyone wants to take near water, let alone under it. That's where Polaroid wants to help adventurous shutterbugs, with … Continue reading
A new leak suggests Olympus’ anticipated Stylus TG-Tracker action camera will be officially launched next month, and that it will offer 4K video recording, waterproof construction, and more. The spec details follow a leak of several images purporting to show the upcoming action cam, which avoids the typical minimalist stylings of competing models and instead packs a lot of visible … Continue reading
The day has come and Olympus has indeed unleashed a new Tough "TG" action camera, barely six months after it announced the TG-870 back in January. The new Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker, however, is quite different from the brood, aside from not having a number in its name. For one, it boasts of the ability capture 4K video and has as … Continue reading
The Olympus PEN-F is retro done right: not just classic looks for the sake of tickling your reminiscence glands, but for delivering the best aspects of old gear. Launched back in January, the micro-four-thirds camera introduces several "firsts" to the PEN line-up, fittingly given it's also styled after Olympus' first PEN rangefinder from eighty years ago. Camera technology may have … Continue reading
Olympus has added a new, retro micro four thirds camera to its lineup, with the PEN E-PL8 adding a selfie-friendly option alongside the PEN-F. Announced at Photokina 2016 today, the E-PL8 is the successor to 2014’s PEN E-PL7, complete with a 180-degree flip-down LCD display and an easier to hold grip. In fact, compared to the old camera most of … Continue reading
Olympus doesn’t just have a new PEN camera today, the E-PL8, but a fresh batch of M.Zuiko Pro lenses and a new flash for Photokina 2016. The trio of lenses span from a lengthy zoom through to a brand new macro, while the FL900R flash is dustproof and splash-proof to match your E-M5 II. Olympus has some big claims for … Continue reading
Olympus has announced the latest entry in its OM-D series of cameras, today introducing the world to its OM-D E-M1 Mark II at Photokina 2016. While the camera is currently in development, Olympus already has a slew of details to share about the new camera, boasting that it will be a compact system camera that can nonetheless compete with pro-level … Continue reading
Back in September, Olympus announced a whole bunch of details about its new OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera at Photokina 2016. Two of the most important details were missing, though: pricing and release date. Today Olympus is back with those very details, letting photographers know that they can get their hands on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II at the end … Continue reading
Olympus has announced the launch of a new social contest called ‘Capture the Action,’ and it seeks action sports photography that, for a lucky person, will result in a three-day trip to Whistler, British Columbia. The contest is open to professional photographers and enthusiasts alike, and allows photographers to submit up to five images taken with Olympus gear. These images … Continue reading
Olympus has announced firmware updates for its PEN-F camera, as well as the OM-D E-M1 Mark II and OM-D E-M5 Mark II models. In addition to updating the three cameras’ software, Olympus has also released firmware for some of its M.ZUIKO PRO and PREMIUM lenses. Among the new features and changes comes full and ‘true compatibility’ with the Profoto Air … Continue reading
When you are trying to shoot or record once in a lifetime moments, the last thing you need to be worrying about is whether your camera will survive a tumble here or a splash there. While more professional, and more expensive, cameras do offer higher quality images and videos, they usually don’t come with a guarantee of survivability.The newest Tough! … Continue reading
Olympus is giving its pleasingly retro E-M10 a revamp, with the Mark III promising to make the Micro Four Thirds camera even easier to use. Envisioned as a straightforward upgrade path for smartphone photographers wanting to take a big step up in the images they’re capturing, the E-M10 Mark II nonetheless still had its foibles. Now, Olympus says, it has … Continue reading
Amid all the talk of smartphone portrait modes, Olympus has some proper bokeh for you – as long as you’re willing to carry a micro four-thirds camera. The company is adding two new options to its well-esteemed M.ZUIKO Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO lens family, a 17mm and a 45mm, for photographers who want more sparkle in their portrait shots. … Continue reading
Olympus has launched a pair of smart glasses that look like Google Glass on steroids. Called the EyeTrek Insight EI-10, these smart glasses aren’t made for the average consumer, but instead are intended for use in industries where having on-demand access to visual data can make tasks easier, safer and more efficient. The glasses will be available to buy starting … Continue reading
It’s pretty much a fact that smartphones have cannibalized the point-and-shoot camera market, but after a period of panicking, camera makers seemed to have calmed down and started taking things in stride. That’s partly because they know that there will always be those, even from the selfie-loving crowd, that will eventually want to go beyond what even the most talented … Continue reading
The digital camera and smartphone markets seem to have one thing in common. To get new features, you have to wait for or buy new models. That goes even when said features aren’t exactly dependent on newer hardware. Olympus is painting itself as a sort of revolutionary in that regard. Instead of producing and selling a new model with very … Continue reading
Lately we’ve been seeing a lot of camera makers attempting to appeal to smartphone photographers who have started to crave a little more out of their cameras. Olympus is no different, announcing its PEN E-PL9 back at the start of February. At the time, it didn’t give this beginner friendly camera a release date or pricing for the US, but … Continue reading