Articles on this Page
- 09/15/14--00:00: _Olympus adds 40-150...
- 09/17/14--07:56: _Olympus pulls trigg...
- 09/26/14--02:30: _Olympus Capture tet...
- 12/16/14--04:10: _Olympus eyes a lens...
- 02/04/15--22:00: _Olympus E-M5 Mark I...
- 02/04/15--22:07: _Olympus Stylus Toug...
- 02/05/15--19:54: _Olympus Air A01 wir...
- 02/19/15--06:20: _CP+ 2015 Wrap Up – ...
- 03/10/15--23:00: _Olympus Stylus SH-2...
- 04/06/15--05:10: _Olympus Air A01 mod...
- 04/13/15--00:36: _Olympus Stylus Toug...
- 04/13/15--00:36: _Olympus Stylus 1s h...
- 05/11/15--23:10: _Olympus rains down ...
- 06/18/15--13:21: _Eyefi adds integrat...
- 06/26/15--05:50: _Olympus VP-10 pocke...
- 06/30/15--12:10: _Olympus Air A01 fir...
- 08/24/15--22:00: _Olympus OM-D E-M10 ...
- 09/15/15--08:06: _Olympus updates OM-...
- 01/08/16--02:30: _Olympus TG-870 rugg...
- 01/26/16--22:00: _Olympus PEN-F is re...
- 01/27/16--06:01: _Olympus PEN-F hands...
- 01/27/16--15:52: _What makes Olympus’...
- 03/18/16--01:00: _Olympus PEN E-PL8 l...
- 03/18/16--09:42: _Take your DSLR unde...
- 05/20/16--13:30: _Olympus Stylus TG-T...
- 05/23/16--23:00: _Olympus Stylus TG-T...
- 07/01/16--08:02: _Olympus PEN-F Revie...
- 09/19/16--10:00: _Olympus PEN E-PL8 p...
- 09/19/16--10:00: _Olympus outs mighty...
- 09/19/16--12:13: _Olympus reveals OM-...
- 11/02/16--07:48: _Olympus reveals OM-...
- 02/22/17--12:43: _Olympus ‘Capture th...
- 05/07/17--23:00: _Olympus PEN-F, OM-D...
- 05/18/17--02:30: _Olympus Tough! TG-5...
- 08/31/17--01:00: _Olympus E-M10 Mark ...
- 10/25/17--12:00: _Olympus 17mm and 45...
- 11/06/17--16:14: _Olympus EyeTrek Ins...
- 02/07/18--04:17: _Olympus PEN E-PL9 a...
- 02/27/18--22:00: _Olympus firmware up...
- 04/05/18--11:07: _Olympus PEN E-PL9 U...
- 09/15/14--00:00: Olympus adds 40-150mm f/2.8 zoom to PRO range
- 09/17/14--07:56: Olympus pulls trigger on E-M1 v2.0 firmware early: Go get it!
- 09/26/14--02:30: Olympus Capture tethering app arrives for OM-D E-M1 users
- 12/16/14--04:10: Olympus eyes a lens mount module that can become a drone
- 02/04/15--22:00: Olympus E-M5 Mark II adds 5-axis OIS and 40MP mode
- 02/04/15--22:07: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-860 focuses on rugged selfies
- 02/05/15--19:54: Olympus Air A01 wireless camera leverages your smartphone
- 02/19/15--06:20: CP+ 2015 Wrap Up – New Camera Gear In Full Swing
- 03/10/15--23:00: Olympus Stylus SH-2 packs 24x zoom, OIS and WiFi
- 04/06/15--05:10: Olympus Air A01 module helps turn lens into a rocket lookalike
- 04/13/15--00:36: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 is ready for your rough adventure
- 04/13/15--00:36: Olympus Stylus 1s half a step up from its predecessor
- 05/11/15--23:10: Olympus rains down new lenses, updates, titanium E-M5 Mark II
- 06/18/15--13:21: Eyefi adds integration for Olympus and GoPro cameras
- 06/26/15--05:50: Olympus VP-10 pocket voice recorder can store 1620 hours of audio
- 06/30/15--12:10: Olympus Air A01 first-impressions: Modular Micro 4/3
- 08/24/15--22:00: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II unveiled: 16MP, 5-axis stabilization
- 09/15/15--08:06: Olympus updates OM-D range with feature firmware
- 01/08/16--02:30: Olympus TG-870 rugged camera is waterproof to 50-feet
- 01/26/16--22:00: Olympus PEN-F is retro rangefinder for the Instagram generation
- 01/27/16--06:01: Olympus PEN-F hands-on: Retro Reloaded
- 01/27/16--15:52: What makes Olympus’ PEN-F worth $1,200
- 03/18/16--01:00: Olympus PEN E-PL8 leaks with yet another odd grip
- 03/18/16--09:42: Take your DSLR underwater with Polaroid’s housing cases
- 05/20/16--13:30: Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker leak: 4K, waterproof, and June launch
- 05/23/16--23:00: Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker action cam crams 4K, sensors inside
- 07/01/16--08:02: Olympus PEN-F Review: Retro done right
- 09/19/16--10:00: Olympus PEN E-PL8 packs retro style and selfie features
- 09/19/16--10:00: Olympus outs mighty 12-100mm f4.0 lens and more at Photokina 2016
- 09/19/16--12:13: Olympus reveals OM-D E-M1 Mark II at Photokina 2016
- 11/02/16--07:48: Olympus reveals OM-D E-M1 Mark II pricing and release details
- 02/22/17--12:43: Olympus ‘Capture the Action’ social contest seeks adventure shots
- 05/07/17--23:00: Olympus PEN-F, OM-D E-M1/M5 Mark II and lenses get firmware update
- 05/18/17--02:30: Olympus Tough! TG-5 puts you at ease while capturing memories
- 08/31/17--01:00: Olympus E-M10 Mark III gets 4K and smarter Auto
- 10/25/17--12:00: Olympus 17mm and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses promise glorious bokeh
- 11/06/17--16:14: Olympus EyeTrek Insight EI-10 smart glasses are made for business
- 02/07/18--04:17: Olympus PEN E-PL9 appeals to smartphone photography graduates
- 02/27/18--22:00: Olympus firmware updates breathe new life into old cameras
- 04/05/18--11:07: Olympus PEN E-PL9 US launch targets phone camera upgraders
Got fifteen hundred bucks burning a hole in your pocket, and a hankering for a new Olympus pro-spec lens? The Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO might fit the bill, the first telephoto in the company's PRO range to be dust, splash, and freezproof. Despite the 40-150mm range, the new M.ZUIKO manages to keep a constant f/2.8 aperture all … Continue reading
Excited by Olympus' new firmware 2.0 for the E-M1? Turns out Olympus was too; so excited, in fact, that it couldn't resist pushing out the update early. Originally intended to drop on September 24th, the upgrade - which adds niceties like tethered shooting - has in fact gone live today. For many, it'll be the ability to plug their E-M1 … Continue reading
Olympus has announced that its Capture Studio software is now available for any and all OM-D E-M1 users to enjoy. This joins the E-M1 firmware version 2.0 that was recently dropped early, originally intended to arrive this week on September 24. The new firmware and software work together to offer photographers a wide array of tools tailored towards those working … Continue reading
Personal drones have opened up digital photography to a new breed of users and uses. Naturally, camera makers want in on the new and still hot market that is practically dominated by the likes of GoPro. But while Olympus isn't exactly going out to build a drone of its own, it is trying to come up with the next best … Continue reading
Olympus has taken one of its most popular interchangeable lens cameras back to the lab, revamped it, and returned with the OM-D E-M5 Mark II. Toting a 16-megapixel sensor, 5-axis image stabilization, HD video recording, and integrated WiFi, the new version builds on the success of the original E-M5, with features like a 40-megapixel shot mode that combines multiple frames … Continue reading
Olympus has a taste for rugged little action cameras, and the Stylus Tough TG-860 looks set to continue that legacy, focusing particularly on selfie-obsessed explorers. Wrapping a 16-megapixel sensor with 5x optical zoom and ultra wide-angle 21mm lens in a metal body that's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof, and dustproof, it can also be squeezed inside an underwater case to take … Continue reading
Olympus has introduced its own lens-shaped wireless camera designed specifically for use with smartphones: the Olympus Air A01. This camera is similar to Sony's own recent lens cameras, offering the quality you get with a dedicated digital camera while leveraging all the features (connectivity, instant sharing, etc.) of a smartphone. This is an open platform camera joined by eight apps, … Continue reading
Situated in the beautiful Port City of Yokohama, The CP+ Camera and Imaging Technology show draws a huge crowd every year, and most vendors wait until right before the show to make their big announcements for that year. Of course there are many Camera Technology Shows throughout Japan, but CP+ in Yokohama is the biggest. Vendors from around the world … Continue reading
Olympus has outed a new retro-styled camera, the Stylus SH-2, a compact point-and-shoot that still squeezes in a 24x optical zoom, image stabilization, and RAW support. Offered with its aluminum alloy body in either silver or black, the SH-2 has a 16-megapixel sensor and records 1080/60p video, though is also capable of turning its metaphorical hand to 120fps and 240fps … Continue reading
It may seem that April Fools came a bit late, but make no mistake, this is serious business. Thanks to the Olympus Air A01 module and a ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm f/2.8 lens, your smartphone camera, puny in comparison, can achieve a super telephoto lens effect equivalent to 1,200 mm. There is just one catch. The module is so long … Continue reading
We love to take our smartphones everywhere with us, not just for communication, but also for capturing moments. But there are just some situations where taking out your phone to get that once in a lifetime shot is not only impossible, it would also constitute cruelty to the device. Even the most rugged smartphone will not survive long in extreme … Continue reading
Sometimes, a product can be so successful that it makes more sense to slightly tweak its design and improve on it rather than putting out a completely new generation product. That might just have been the line of thinking that Olympus employed when it revealed the Olympus Stylus 1s. As you can tell by the name, it has its feet … Continue reading
Olympus must be having a blast. Today it is announcing not one, not even two new things. Actually, it's better if we don't count. At the top of their list, of course, comes its two new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL PRO lenses that add wide angle shots to your digital photography arsenal. It is also announcing an upcoming firmware update to both … Continue reading
On Tuesday, Eyefi announced integration for Olympus cameras with WiFi and GoPro cameras. Those with a HERO or applicable Olympus digital camera will be able to use Eyefi to immediately transfer and organize their content along with any content taken with their smartphone when using the maker's Mobi WiFi SD card. This makes it faster to get content off the … Continue reading
There are many reasons why you might need a pocket size audio recorder. You may need to record meetings in the corporate world or you might be a student who needs to record lectures in class. Whatever the reason you want to record audio, Olympus has a new recording device that is pocket size and has enough space to store … Continue reading
You’d be forgiven if, after taking a quick glance at Olympus' new Air A01 doohickey, you dismissed it as a lens of some sort. In fact it’s more, much more. Think of the Air A01 as a Micro Four Thirds or Micro 4/3 camera minus the lens and display: ultra portable, allowing you to place or mount it anywhere your … Continue reading
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera has been officially unveiled after months of speculation and leaks. This is the successor to the Olympus OM-D E-M10, a popular model in its own right. The camera maker hails the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II as an entry-level camera body joined by 5-axis image stabilization. Olympus promises its newest OM-D model is … Continue reading
This week the folks at Olympus have updated a number of cameras with brand new firmware. This sort of thing isn't unheard of in the smartphone or tablet universe - in fact it's expected. In the smart camera environment, on the other hand, it's still sort of new. Olympus appears to be leading the way with their OM-D lineup with … Continue reading
Olympus has a new camera that will be right at home with outdoor enthusiasts who need a camera that can survive water, drops, and life in the great outdoors. The camera is called the TG-870 and it can survive diving in water up to 50-feet with no case needed to keep it safe. An accessory case is offered to protect … Continue reading
Olympus has taken the wraps off its new flagship compact, the PEN-F, borrowing the styling of its first ever PEN and packing it with on-camera creative features. Set to go on sale in March, the PEN-F features Olympus' first 20-megapixel sensor along with the 5-axis stabilization from the E-M5 MkII, squeezed into a magnesium-alloy rangefinder body. The new Live MOS … Continue reading
It's the impeccable retro charm you see when you first hold the Olympus PEN-F, but it's the addictive creative potential locked inside that lingers. Latest in the company's PEN line of rangefinders, it arrives to celebrate the 80th anniversary of Olympus' first consumer camera but, thankfully, is more than just a special edition. The original PEN-F was undeniably groundbreaking. The … Continue reading
Olympus' PEN-F gives street photographers, rangefinder fans, and devoted tinkerers with an aversion to Photoshop the camera of their dreams. Key to its appeal - and, frankly, to justifying its not-inconsiderable price - is the Creative Dial, a dedicated front-panel control (paired with a new spring-loaded lever on the back) which unlocks the PEN-F's secret weapon in the retro camera … Continue reading
It has been more than a year since Olympus announced the E-PL7, and entry level, beginner friendly digital camera that was aimed at that oh so special selfie-loving market. It seems that the camera maker has a follow up ready, if the leak of these photos are any indication. The images don't really divulge much in terms of features, but … Continue reading
The idea of taking underwater photographs with a quality camera can be exciting, what with the beautiful things you might see and be able to capture. On the other hand, an expensive DSLR camera is probably one of the last things anyone wants to take near water, let alone under it. That's where Polaroid wants to help adventurous shutterbugs, with … Continue reading
A new leak suggests Olympus’ anticipated Stylus TG-Tracker action camera will be officially launched next month, and that it will offer 4K video recording, waterproof construction, and more. The spec details follow a leak of several images purporting to show the upcoming action cam, which avoids the typical minimalist stylings of competing models and instead packs a lot of visible … Continue reading
The day has come and Olympus has indeed unleashed a new Tough "TG" action camera, barely six months after it announced the TG-870 back in January. The new Olympus Stylus TG-Tracker, however, is quite different from the brood, aside from not having a number in its name. For one, it boasts of the ability capture 4K video and has as … Continue reading
The Olympus PEN-F is retro done right: not just classic looks for the sake of tickling your reminiscence glands, but for delivering the best aspects of old gear. Launched back in January, the micro-four-thirds camera introduces several "firsts" to the PEN line-up, fittingly given it's also styled after Olympus' first PEN rangefinder from eighty years ago. Camera technology may have … Continue reading
Olympus has added a new, retro micro four thirds camera to its lineup, with the PEN E-PL8 adding a selfie-friendly option alongside the PEN-F. Announced at Photokina 2016 today, the E-PL8 is the successor to 2014’s PEN E-PL7, complete with a 180-degree flip-down LCD display and an easier to hold grip. In fact, compared to the old camera most of … Continue reading
Olympus doesn’t just have a new PEN camera today, the E-PL8, but a fresh batch of M.Zuiko Pro lenses and a new flash for Photokina 2016. The trio of lenses span from a lengthy zoom through to a brand new macro, while the FL900R flash is dustproof and splash-proof to match your E-M5 II. Olympus has some big claims for … Continue reading
Olympus has announced the latest entry in its OM-D series of cameras, today introducing the world to its OM-D E-M1 Mark II at Photokina 2016. While the camera is currently in development, Olympus already has a slew of details to share about the new camera, boasting that it will be a compact system camera that can nonetheless compete with pro-level … Continue reading
Back in September, Olympus announced a whole bunch of details about its new OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera at Photokina 2016. Two of the most important details were missing, though: pricing and release date. Today Olympus is back with those very details, letting photographers know that they can get their hands on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II at the end … Continue reading
Olympus has announced the launch of a new social contest called ‘Capture the Action,’ and it seeks action sports photography that, for a lucky person, will result in a three-day trip to Whistler, British Columbia. The contest is open to professional photographers and enthusiasts alike, and allows photographers to submit up to five images taken with Olympus gear. These images … Continue reading
Olympus has announced firmware updates for its PEN-F camera, as well as the OM-D E-M1 Mark II and OM-D E-M5 Mark II models. In addition to updating the three cameras’ software, Olympus has also released firmware for some of its M.ZUIKO PRO and PREMIUM lenses. Among the new features and changes comes full and ‘true compatibility’ with the Profoto Air … Continue reading
When you are trying to shoot or record once in a lifetime moments, the last thing you need to be worrying about is whether your camera will survive a tumble here or a splash there. While more professional, and more expensive, cameras do offer higher quality images and videos, they usually don’t come with a guarantee of survivability.The newest Tough! … Continue reading
Olympus is giving its pleasingly retro E-M10 a revamp, with the Mark III promising to make the Micro Four Thirds camera even easier to use. Envisioned as a straightforward upgrade path for smartphone photographers wanting to take a big step up in the images they’re capturing, the E-M10 Mark II nonetheless still had its foibles. Now, Olympus says, it has … Continue reading
Amid all the talk of smartphone portrait modes, Olympus has some proper bokeh for you – as long as you’re willing to carry a micro four-thirds camera. The company is adding two new options to its well-esteemed M.ZUIKO Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO lens family, a 17mm and a 45mm, for photographers who want more sparkle in their portrait shots. … Continue reading
Olympus has launched a pair of smart glasses that look like Google Glass on steroids. Called the EyeTrek Insight EI-10, these smart glasses aren’t made for the average consumer, but instead are intended for use in industries where having on-demand access to visual data can make tasks easier, safer and more efficient. The glasses will be available to buy starting … Continue reading
It’s pretty much a fact that smartphones have cannibalized the point-and-shoot camera market, but after a period of panicking, camera makers seemed to have calmed down and started taking things in stride. That’s partly because they know that there will always be those, even from the selfie-loving crowd, that will eventually want to go beyond what even the most talented … Continue reading
The digital camera and smartphone markets seem to have one thing in common. To get new features, you have to wait for or buy new models. That goes even when said features aren’t exactly dependent on newer hardware. Olympus is painting itself as a sort of revolutionary in that regard. Instead of producing and selling a new model with very … Continue reading
Lately we’ve been seeing a lot of camera makers attempting to appeal to smartphone photographers who have started to crave a little more out of their cameras. Olympus is no different, announcing its PEN E-PL9 back at the start of February. At the time, it didn’t give this beginner friendly camera a release date or pricing for the US, but … Continue reading