Articles on this Page
- 09/17/14--07:56: _Olympus pulls trigg...
- 09/26/14--02:30: _Olympus Capture tet...
- 12/16/14--04:10: _Olympus eyes a lens...
- 02/04/15--22:00: _Olympus E-M5 Mark I...
- 02/04/15--22:07: _Olympus Stylus Toug...
- 02/05/15--19:54: _Olympus Air A01 wir...
- 02/19/15--06:20: _CP+ 2015 Wrap Up – ...
- 03/10/15--23:00: _Olympus Stylus SH-2...
- 04/06/15--05:10: _Olympus Air A01 mod...
- 04/13/15--00:36: _Olympus Stylus Toug...
- 04/13/15--00:36: _Olympus Stylus 1s h...
- 05/11/15--23:10: _Olympus rains down ...
- 06/18/15--13:21: _Eyefi adds integrat...
- 06/26/15--05:50: _Olympus VP-10 pocke...
- 06/30/15--12:10: _Olympus Air A01 fir...
- 08/24/15--22:00: _Olympus OM-D E-M10 ...
- 09/15/15--08:06: _Olympus updates OM-...
- 01/08/16--02:30: _Olympus TG-870 rugg...
- 01/26/16--22:00: _Olympus PEN-F is re...
- 01/27/16--06:01: _Olympus PEN-F hands...
- 09/17/14--07:56: Olympus pulls trigger on E-M1 v2.0 firmware early: Go get it!
- 09/26/14--02:30: Olympus Capture tethering app arrives for OM-D E-M1 users
- 12/16/14--04:10: Olympus eyes a lens mount module that can become a drone
- 02/04/15--22:00: Olympus E-M5 Mark II adds 5-axis OIS and 40MP mode
- 02/04/15--22:07: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-860 focuses on rugged selfies
- 02/05/15--19:54: Olympus Air A01 wireless camera leverages your smartphone
- 02/19/15--06:20: CP+ 2015 Wrap Up – New Camera Gear In Full Swing
- 03/10/15--23:00: Olympus Stylus SH-2 packs 24x zoom, OIS and WiFi
- 04/06/15--05:10: Olympus Air A01 module helps turn lens into a rocket lookalike
- 04/13/15--00:36: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 is ready for your rough adventure
- 04/13/15--00:36: Olympus Stylus 1s half a step up from its predecessor
- 05/11/15--23:10: Olympus rains down new lenses, updates, titanium E-M5 Mark II
- 06/18/15--13:21: Eyefi adds integration for Olympus and GoPro cameras
- 06/26/15--05:50: Olympus VP-10 pocket voice recorder can store 1620 hours of audio
- 06/30/15--12:10: Olympus Air A01 first-impressions: Modular Micro 4/3
- 08/24/15--22:00: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II unveiled: 16MP, 5-axis stabilization
- 09/15/15--08:06: Olympus updates OM-D range with feature firmware
- 01/08/16--02:30: Olympus TG-870 rugged camera is waterproof to 50-feet
- 01/26/16--22:00: Olympus PEN-F is retro rangefinder for the Instagram generation
- 01/27/16--06:01: Olympus PEN-F hands-on: Retro Reloaded
Excited by Olympus' new firmware 2.0 for the E-M1? Turns out Olympus was too; so excited, in fact, that it couldn't resist pushing out the update early. Originally intended to drop on September 24th, the upgrade - which adds niceties like tethered shooting - has in fact gone live today. For many, it'll be the ability to plug their E-M1 … Continue reading
Olympus has announced that its Capture Studio software is now available for any and all OM-D E-M1 users to enjoy. This joins the E-M1 firmware version 2.0 that was recently dropped early, originally intended to arrive this week on September 24. The new firmware and software work together to offer photographers a wide array of tools tailored towards those working … Continue reading
Personal drones have opened up digital photography to a new breed of users and uses. Naturally, camera makers want in on the new and still hot market that is practically dominated by the likes of GoPro. But while Olympus isn't exactly going out to build a drone of its own, it is trying to come up with the next best … Continue reading
Olympus has taken one of its most popular interchangeable lens cameras back to the lab, revamped it, and returned with the OM-D E-M5 Mark II. Toting a 16-megapixel sensor, 5-axis image stabilization, HD video recording, and integrated WiFi, the new version builds on the success of the original E-M5, with features like a 40-megapixel shot mode that combines multiple frames … Continue reading
Olympus has a taste for rugged little action cameras, and the Stylus Tough TG-860 looks set to continue that legacy, focusing particularly on selfie-obsessed explorers. Wrapping a 16-megapixel sensor with 5x optical zoom and ultra wide-angle 21mm lens in a metal body that's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof, and dustproof, it can also be squeezed inside an underwater case to take … Continue reading
Olympus has introduced its own lens-shaped wireless camera designed specifically for use with smartphones: the Olympus Air A01. This camera is similar to Sony's own recent lens cameras, offering the quality you get with a dedicated digital camera while leveraging all the features (connectivity, instant sharing, etc.) of a smartphone. This is an open platform camera joined by eight apps, … Continue reading
Situated in the beautiful Port City of Yokohama, The CP+ Camera and Imaging Technology show draws a huge crowd every year, and most vendors wait until right before the show to make their big announcements for that year. Of course there are many Camera Technology Shows throughout Japan, but CP+ in Yokohama is the biggest. Vendors from around the world … Continue reading
Olympus has outed a new retro-styled camera, the Stylus SH-2, a compact point-and-shoot that still squeezes in a 24x optical zoom, image stabilization, and RAW support. Offered with its aluminum alloy body in either silver or black, the SH-2 has a 16-megapixel sensor and records 1080/60p video, though is also capable of turning its metaphorical hand to 120fps and 240fps … Continue reading
It may seem that April Fools came a bit late, but make no mistake, this is serious business. Thanks to the Olympus Air A01 module and a ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm f/2.8 lens, your smartphone camera, puny in comparison, can achieve a super telephoto lens effect equivalent to 1,200 mm. There is just one catch. The module is so long … Continue reading
We love to take our smartphones everywhere with us, not just for communication, but also for capturing moments. But there are just some situations where taking out your phone to get that once in a lifetime shot is not only impossible, it would also constitute cruelty to the device. Even the most rugged smartphone will not survive long in extreme … Continue reading
Sometimes, a product can be so successful that it makes more sense to slightly tweak its design and improve on it rather than putting out a completely new generation product. That might just have been the line of thinking that Olympus employed when it revealed the Olympus Stylus 1s. As you can tell by the name, it has its feet … Continue reading
Olympus must be having a blast. Today it is announcing not one, not even two new things. Actually, it's better if we don't count. At the top of their list, of course, comes its two new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL PRO lenses that add wide angle shots to your digital photography arsenal. It is also announcing an upcoming firmware update to both … Continue reading
On Tuesday, Eyefi announced integration for Olympus cameras with WiFi and GoPro cameras. Those with a HERO or applicable Olympus digital camera will be able to use Eyefi to immediately transfer and organize their content along with any content taken with their smartphone when using the maker's Mobi WiFi SD card. This makes it faster to get content off the … Continue reading
There are many reasons why you might need a pocket size audio recorder. You may need to record meetings in the corporate world or you might be a student who needs to record lectures in class. Whatever the reason you want to record audio, Olympus has a new recording device that is pocket size and has enough space to store … Continue reading
You’d be forgiven if, after taking a quick glance at Olympus' new Air A01 doohickey, you dismissed it as a lens of some sort. In fact it’s more, much more. Think of the Air A01 as a Micro Four Thirds or Micro 4/3 camera minus the lens and display: ultra portable, allowing you to place or mount it anywhere your … Continue reading
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera has been officially unveiled after months of speculation and leaks. This is the successor to the Olympus OM-D E-M10, a popular model in its own right. The camera maker hails the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II as an entry-level camera body joined by 5-axis image stabilization. Olympus promises its newest OM-D model is … Continue reading
This week the folks at Olympus have updated a number of cameras with brand new firmware. This sort of thing isn't unheard of in the smartphone or tablet universe - in fact it's expected. In the smart camera environment, on the other hand, it's still sort of new. Olympus appears to be leading the way with their OM-D lineup with … Continue reading
Olympus has a new camera that will be right at home with outdoor enthusiasts who need a camera that can survive water, drops, and life in the great outdoors. The camera is called the TG-870 and it can survive diving in water up to 50-feet with no case needed to keep it safe. An accessory case is offered to protect … Continue reading
Olympus has taken the wraps off its new flagship compact, the PEN-F, borrowing the styling of its first ever PEN and packing it with on-camera creative features. Set to go on sale in March, the PEN-F features Olympus' first 20-megapixel sensor along with the 5-axis stabilization from the E-M5 MkII, squeezed into a magnesium-alloy rangefinder body. The new Live MOS … Continue reading
It's the impeccable retro charm you see when you first hold the Olympus PEN-F, but it's the addictive creative potential locked inside that lingers. Latest in the company's PEN line of rangefinders, it arrives to celebrate the 80th anniversary of Olympus' first consumer camera but, thankfully, is more than just a special edition. The original PEN-F was undeniably groundbreaking. The … Continue reading